In March 2020, to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Louisiana Department of Health limited the types of procedures that dental offices could perform. Those limitations were removed in May of 2021. Studies have shown that dental offices are safe to visit, but precautions to limit risk of infection should always be taken.
If you have been delaying dental treatment out of concern for the virus, please know that we are still taking some extra precautions, some of which may no longer be required by the LDH. As a result, you may experience some changes at your appointment:
- To minimize time in the waiting room, we prefer patients not arrive very early for appointments.
- We also ask that you do not bring extra guests to your appointment if possible. One parent may accompany a child back to the room if needed.
- We are still screening patients before appointments to check for signs of illness.
- You are likely to still receive a temperature check before your appointment.
- Our office has always followed guidelines and precautions to limit the spread of disease and to properly disinfect and sterilize instruments. We are now wearing extra respirators and face shields to help prevent spreading the virus both ways.
- As a result of lengthened cleaning procedures, appointment times may be longer and fewer appointments may be available each day.
We appreciate all of our patients. Please feel free to contact the office if you have questions or concerns, or if you’re ready to schedule an appointment.
For more information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, please visit the CDC website.
Image credit: Philippa Steinberg for the IGI.