The COVID-19 virus has impacted everyone in our community in some way. Government orders have limited the patients that dental offices can see from March 17th, 2020. As of May 5th, 2020, we are able to see patients for most treatment options that are not purely cosmetic in nature.
If you have been delaying dental treatment out of concern for the virus, please know that we are taking some extra precautions, many of which are required by the Louisiana Department of Health. As a result, you may experience some changes at your appointment:
- We are screening patients before appointments to check for signs of illness, and we may follow up after your appointment to ensure you haven’t become sick.
- We are asking patients to not arrive early and to call upon arrival to minimize time in the waiting room.
- We also ask that you do not bring extra guests to your appointment if possible. One parent may accompany a child back to the room if needed.
- We will likely check your temperature before your appointment.
- Our office has always followed guidelines and precautions to limit the spread of disease and to properly disinfect and sterilize instruments. We are now wearing extra respirators and face shields to help prevent spreading the virus both ways.
- As a result of lengthened cleaning procedures, appointment times may be longer and fewer appointments may be available each day.
We appreciate all our patients. Please feel free to contact the office if you have questions or concerns, or if you’re ready to schedule an appointment.
For more information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, please visit the CDC website.